Carle Richland Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit facility located in Olney, Illinois. As part of the Carle Health System, it currently serves eight Southeastern Illinois counties, with a total population of more than 109,000 individuals. For more than six decades, the hospital has been an essential part of the medical community with a mission of providing excellent healthcare, promoting wellness and educating the people it serves. Carle Richland Memorial Hospital prides itself on delivering exceptional service as part of its culture and upholds the core values of caring, trust, respect, competence and communication as it provides quality healthcare for the community. Carle Richland Memorial Hospital had more than 2,100 inpatient admissions and more than 62,000 outpatient visits in 2016. Its Emergency Department treated more than 9,400 individuals, and more than 1,600 surgical procedures were performed. In addition, 273 babies were born at the hospital last year.
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital currently employs nearly 600 individuals and is the second largest employer in Richland County. It also serves as a Clinical Hub for the Southern Illinois University Physician Assistant Program and partners with area community colleges and universities as a clinical training site for numerous health professions.
Medical Staff / Providers:
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital offers a diverse Medical Staff for the people of Southeastern Illinois representing a comprehensive range of specialties.
In addition to providers at the main hospital campus, Carle Richland Memorial Hospital has rural health clinics in Jasper County and Edwards County. They also have providers located at SIHF/Weber Medical Clinic in Olney.
Full-time providers are available in the areas of: Allergy Management, Anesthesia, Audiology, Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology), Family Medicine, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Urology
In addition, visiting specialists are available who provide services in the areas of: Cardiology, Hand Surgery, Neurology/Sleep Medicine, Oncology/Hematology, Ophthalmology and Podiatry.
Services and Facilities:
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art services and facilities. A new addition was recently opened that houses the only permanent MRI facilities in the hospital’s service area. Other recent expansions include a Women’s Health Center, new Main Entrance and an Outpatient Rehabilitation facility. Construction of a cardiology clinic is currently underway.
Carle Richland Memorial Hospital currently offers:
- Acute Care (Medical/Surgical/Pediatric and Advanced Care)
- Ambulance Services (Paramedic Level)
- Athletic Training Services
- Audiology/Hearing Evaluations and Services
- Cardiac Rehab
- Clinical Nutrition/Dietitian Services
- Convenient Care
- Diagnostic Imaging Services
- 3-D Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- Nuclear Medicine
- Stereotactic biopsy
- Emergency Department
- EKG and Stress Testing
- Family Maternity Services (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- G.I. / Endoscopy
- Home Health and Hospice
- Laboratory Services
- Long Term Care Unit (Extended and Skilled Care)
- Oncology Services
- Patient/Family Education and Outreach
- Psychiatric Unit / Inpatient
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Pulmonary Rehab
- Rehabilitation Services
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Studies
- Surgical Services (Inpatient and Same Day)
Licensure, Accreditations, Certifications or Special Designations:
- Licensed at 134 beds
- Fully accredited by the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP)
- Emergent Stroke Ready Designation by Illinois Department of Public Health
- Level II Nursery Designation
- Clinical Hubsite for Southern Illinois University Physician Assistant Program
- "A" letter grade from the Leapfrog Group for patient safety initiatives
- 5-star rating from CMS for Long Term Care Unit